Macon Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are a fact of life in Macon, Milledgeville, Warner Robins and anywhere else in Georgia. From minor fender benders in a parking lot, to major car wrecks resulting in serious injuries on the highway, odds are high that you, or someone you know, has been involved in at least one car accident.
A car accident is difficult enough to navigate, but when you are injured in a car accident, things can get messy quick. You may ask:
- Who is responsible?
- Whose insurance policy will cover the property damage?
- Will I be reimbursed?
- Will I be able to pay my medical expenses?
- Can I recover lost wages?
You might not have caused the car accident, but now you are left to pick up the pieces – the physical injuries, the expensive medical bills, time off from work, lost wages, and dealing with the insurance companies. The stress caused by an accident can be overwhelming.
Recovering from your physical injuries is difficult enough. The Brodie Law Group endeavors to help people in Macon and throughout Georgia navigate the legal process when you are injured in a car accident. Let the car accident lawyers at the Brodie Law Group help relieve your stress.
When you hire the Brodie Law Group, you get the immediate relief from having to take on another battle, the legal battle with your insurance adjuster. Upon employing us to represent you and your case, we provide you with a roadmap of exactly what to expect. Any questions, doubts, or concerns about your case will be addressed by our personal injury staff. That way you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries while knowing your injury case is being taken care of.
Table Of Contents
- What Should I Do After I Have Been in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
- How the Brodie Law Group Can Assist After a Car Accident in Macon
- Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases the Brodie Law Group Handles
- What is my Macon, GA Car Accident Case Worth?
- How Common are Car Accidents in Macon, GA?
- How much time do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?
What should i do after i have been in a car accident?
Your medical care is the main priority after an auto accident, even if you do not think you were hurt. Many times, injuries will have delayed symptoms and insurance companies may attempt to claim that injuries were not adequately treated if you wait several days or weeks to visit a doctor.
In addition to medical treatment, you also want to try to do the following:
- Call the police to file an accident report
- Take pictures of the crash scene
- Look for people who saw the accident and ask them for their contact information in case they are later needed as witnesses
Finally, it is important to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible so they may start investigating the accident and start collecting all the available evidence in your case. A lawyer will be able to determine who was responsible and how to hold them accountable.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
While anyone is free to handle their own car accident claim, it may not be in their best interest to do so. Experienced car accident lawyers understand the legal complexities underlying even the most minor car accident claims.
More than likely, you will be contacted by an insurance company soon after your accident. Having a lawyer handle these calls is invaluable. When you speak with an insurance company yourself, you may unknowingly make an admission of wrongdoing or negligence that could damage your injury claim.
Even the most minor injuries deserve to receive a fair recovery and not be another statistic to an insurance company. A lawyer working on your side increases your odds of receiving the maximum recovery value for your injury case.
How the Brodie Law Group Can Assist After a Car Accident in Macon
Many car accident victims realize how complex the insurance claims process is. A claimant must communicate with insurance adjusters, document property damages, document medical expenses, calculate lost wages, and negotiate with the insurance adjuster for fair compensation.
An experienced Macon personal injury lawyer can make a huge difference to your injury claim. Hiring the Brodie Law Group means you’ll have an experienced lawyer to:
- Investigate and determine the cause of your accident
- Calculate the fair recovery value of your personal injury claim
- Demand fair compensation from all parties who are responsible
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to recover the maximum compensation possible for your case.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases the Brodie Law Group Handles
We represent injured victims in a variety of traffic accident cases, not only car accidents.
- Trucking Accidents: Truckers spend long hours behind the wheel driving on interstates such as I-75, I-16 and I-475. If those truckers get tired or distracted, disaster can strike. Car accidents with 18-wheelers or other big-rigs and commercial trucks are widely known for their high fatality rates and serious physical injuries to the victims. In addition to serious accidents, trucking insurance companies employ teams of lawyers to fight back against your trucking accident claims. Put someone familiar with trucking accidents on your team to join your fight.
- Motorcycle Accidents: It’s a great feeling enjoying the open road on a motorcycle along the long stretches of highway throughout middle Georgia. However, if another driver collides with you, it usually means serious injuries. Our Macon motorcycle accident lawyers are ready on your behalf to hold the driver who caused your injuries accountable.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Walking down the road to your neighbor’s house, or to the grocery store, you place trust that the trucks and cars around you will drive responsibly. However, that is not always the case. When drivers fail to notice you, it can mean serious injuries or even death. From 2016-2020, there were 1,262 pedestrian traffic fatalities in Georgia.
What is my Macon, GA Car Accident Case Worth?
No two car accidents are the same. Your car accident claim has unique factors that will determine whether you are entitled to compensation and how much compensation you are entitled to. Car accidents can cause thousands of dollars in damage and with serious injuries you might incur medical bills in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Factors that can determine the value of your personal injury case can include the following:
- How severe your injuries are
- Cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you will need future medical care or treatment
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent disability or physical impairment
- Amount of lost wages and property damage
- Emotional and physical pain and trauma that you have suffered
How Common are Car Accidents in Macon, GA?
According to car accident statistics from the Georgia DOT, there are about 7,000 car accidents each year in Macon. These accidents cause between 30-40 deaths each year. This includes approximately 10 pedestrian deaths each year from 2017 to 2021. Additionally, from 2019-2021, Macon averaged 8 motorcyclist deaths each year. From 2017 to 2021 there were 17,498 injuries in the 38,170 total reported car accidents.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are approximately 1,500 deaths each year in Georgia from car accidents. The leading causes of those accidents include speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol and departing from the roadway.
The Georgia Department of Health lists motor vehicle crashes as the second leading cause of injury deaths and the second leading cause of hospitalizations and ER visits in Georgia. In 2020, Georgia was ranked 4th in the United States in the number of traffic deaths (1,664) even though Georgia has the 8th largest population.
According to car accident statistics from the Georgia DOT
Macon/Bibb County Car Accidents
No Data Found
How much time do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?
You have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. Once two years passes after your accident, you will forfeit your right to seek compensation if you haven’t already filed.
The Brodie Law Group Handles the Insurance Companies for You
Insurance companies employ teams of lawyers to fight these claims to pay back as little as possible. Don’t be left out. Contact a lawyer who knows how to stand up to those insurance companies to recover the compensation you deserve. Hire an attorney who represents you – not the insurance companies – an attorney who will fight for you!
If you, or someone you know, has suffered personal injuries sustained in a car accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. However, it is up to you to protect your rights and file a claim for compensation. A Macon car accident lawyer at the Brodie Law Group can assist in determining if you have a case by outlining your rights and options.